NAMCO BANDAI GAMES SHIPS TRIO OF DIGIMON GAMES TO RETAIL STORES
SANTA CLARA, Calif., (September 18, 2007) – Leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today announced that it has shipped Digimon World® Data Squad™ for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and Digimon World® Dawn and Digimon World® Dusk for the Nintendo DS™ to retail stores nationwide. Featuring hundreds of Digimon to collect, train and evolve, these three games bring players closer to their favorite Digital Monsters through fun RPG gameplay, colorful graphics, and strategic turn-based battle systems.
Players guide Marcus Damon in Digimon World Data Squad, a member of the secretive DATS (Data Squad) sent to examine the mysterious disappearance of a group of children. During the course of the investigation, the Seven Demon Kings arrive, wreaking havoc across the world and putting their investigation in jeopardy. As Marcus, it is up to players to find the missing kids while defeating the deadly Seven Demon Kings and their evil minions.
Digimon World Data Squad boasts the following features:
• Dozens of Digimon - As you travel through more than 10 unique stages, collect and evolve 140 Digimon. Each Digimon has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, and upgrading your Digimon can be easily done through the intuitive Galactic Evolution System!
• Exciting new look and feel - Digimon World Data Squad features cel-shaded artwork and emotive Digimon that are affected by the way you treat them.
• Numerous items to wield - There are over 250 items to find and acquire during the course of the game. Some items will help solve complex puzzles, while others will provide different advantages in battle.
• Unique storyline and characters - Digimon World Data Squad features a storyline that parallels the upcoming Digimon Data Squad cartoon premiering this fall on Toon Disney’s Jetix block as well as new characters voiced by the same actors from the animated series.
In Digimon World Dawn and Dusk, a huge earthquake has stricken the Sunshine and Dark Moon districts, damaging the access points to the Digital World and causing many Digimon to mysteriously devolve into Digi-Eggs. The two games present parallel perspectives of the catastrophe through the eyes of opposing tamers, while letting players collect and evolve more than 400 Digimon.
Digimon World Dawn and Dusk include the following features:
• Hundreds of Digimon - As players travel throughout the land, collect, tame, train, and evolve over 400 Digimon from 8 different species. Each game contains some unique and rare Digimon that can only be obtained through wireless communication with the other version of the game.
• New World Maps - Digimon World Dawn and Dusk both contain a new world map, which always shows where players have been and their current location. The maps also show info on each dungeon, including what items and Digimon are available.
• New & Improved Digifarm - Raise, train, and evolve new Digimon. Different farms and goods help a Digimon learn new abilities and can boost their stats.
• Compelling and Strategic Battle System - With intense 3-on 5 turn-based battles, manage the placement of your Digimon to gain a tactical edge over enemies.
• Wireless Connectivity - Take your Digimon and battle or trade via the Nintendo Wi-FI Connection service. The winner of wireless battles obtains “Tamer” points which can be used to obtain unique items.
Digimon World Data Squad for the PlayStation 2 system is rated “E10+” by the ESRB and has a suggested retail price of $29.99. Digimon World Dawn and Dusk for the Nintendo DS are rated “E” by the ESRB and each carry a suggested retail price of $29.99. For more information about these new Digimon titles and the Digimon series, please visit: www.namcobandaigames.com.
About NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. is a leading interactive entertainment software publisher and developer based in Santa Clara, CA. The company is a part of the NAMCO BANDAI group of companies known for creating and publishing many of the industry's top video game franchises including the PAC-MAN®, SOULCALIBUR®, Naruto™ and Tekken® brands. For more information about NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc., and our products log onto www.namcobandaigames.com.
About Toei Animation Inc.
Toei Animation Inc. (TAI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toei Animation Co., Ltd. established in Los Angeles in 2004, looks forward to spreading the world-renowned Japanese animation studio’s extensive library and pursuing co-production projects in North and Latin America and other English-speaking territories worldwide. The main business operations of TAI include film licensing in all media and emerging platforms, merchandise licensing and co-productions with local establishments. Dream Ahead – Toei Animation. www.toei-anim.com
About Digimon Data Squad Animated Series
The fifth season of the hugely popular DIGIMON animated series is set to debut Fall 2007 on Toon Disney’s Jetix block. Under the title DIGIMON DATA SQUAD, Toei Animation’s mega-hit animated series follows the adventures of Marcus and Agumon as they challenge the menacing Digimon who are intruding into the human world to cause nothing but trouble. To ensure planetary safety, the pair is inducted into a special investigation unit called DATS (Data Squad). Being a reformed schoolyard punk, Marcus learns to channel his belligerence toward the evil Digimon, and to work as a team to help protect the human world from ruin.
©Akiyoshi Hongo, Toei Animation ® & © 1997 - 2007 Bandai. DIGIMON, DIGITAL MONSTERS, DIGIMON WORLD and all related logos, names and distinctive likenesses thereof are the property of Bandai/
Toei Animation. DIGIMON DATA SQUAD and all related logos, names and distinctive likenesses thereof are the property of Toei Animation. © 2007 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. All rights reserved.
Press Release © 2007 NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
"PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection are trademarks of Nintendo
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.