by SeriousBusiness » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:04 pm
Now's the time and here's the place to get this one going again -
A condensed listing from respected racer across the globe
* Revamp of the ranking and scoring systems
* The ability to tune ALL the vehicles
* OBP in both race types - with or without NOS
* Up to 5 laps instead of 3 max
* Voice and also transfer your data from your rr7 save
* None nitrous time attack rankings
* RR4 music.
* Hard mode.
* User added songs
* Up the fps to 60 frames, sometimes when u pille up in rr7, MASSIVE FRAME DROP!
* A button for the hosts, so that they can say 'the race will start in 30 seconds'
* Being able to look at other's profiles while you're ready
* More classifications of vehicles in Player machines (Divide between purchased and elite machines)
* Tournament setup built into the online game
* A way to permanatly block racers from entering your rooms
* Find a way to decrease blocking effects in no blocking rooms
* Create a car/track mode that can be utelized in online play
* Reduce the massive amounts of NOS gained by overdrifting corners and making others t-bone you
* Make it more difficult to drift straigaways
* Eliminate the complete waste of disk space that is Bayside Freeway
* Allow for clan style racing rooms where up to 7 friends can set up a room and take on a rival racing clan
* Ability to change name anytime you wish
* Allow for custom paint jobs
* Block anyone with 4+ stars from gaining any OBP from sprouts
* Give more FP for racing, i.e. 1st - 5, 2nd - 4, 3rd - 3, 4th - 2, everyone else 1 so the room owner isn't the only one who gains
* Make it so the faster car wins on impact, thus cars who come out of drifts faster blow trough over drifters, not the other way
* Institue a warning system on the chat for blockers in no blocking rooms
* Use the music stored on your hard-drive
* EVERY track that has ever appeared in a Ridge Racer game... yes, even Shooting Hoops and Phantomile
* More cars from each manufacturer - say at least 1 of every drift type? (Harking back to RR4 and the not-quite-20-but-counted-as-20-for-each-company-anyway system)
* Seperate OBP rankings for standard, unlimited, and no nitrous races
* A toggle-able catch-up system that uses those rankings accordingly, so if you're ranked 1st, and racing a guy who's 30,000th, he's gonna get more catch-up effect to help him out and even things up (for when you want to give the newbies a fighting chance)
* Bring back Rivelta and Lizard. Down with Danver!
* Real Car Damage
* Rewards for reaching certain milestones - i.e. "x" amount of miles or "x" amount wins
* The option to wager CR or vehicles in Online Battles
* A figure "8" track
* The option to have mirrored tracks available for Online Battles
* A PSN ID search function. Instead of having to scroll or mark players
* What i would really like to see is when doing GTA'S you can change tire setups or engines without having to go back to the menu,then thru the whole pick car,track,setup,start gta runaround.
* ability to purchase, sell or trade cars from other players (Ridger Racer credit points )
* Country ranking system- rankings that can also be access by country category only.
* Team Player mode- besides the single player mode- there would be another option where a player can start a team to enlist the desired racers- this option will allow the team to customize the look of the team, from logo to the car's mechanical set ups- it will also automatically syncronize the team's data to a newly joined player or have the player contribute according to his/her achivements to the team. All achievement are all shared and added to the team's data roster- for example, newly acquired race tracks, sound tracks, hidden super concept cars- can now be accessed by the new team member - or vice versa.
* Team OBP Ultimate Battles- this is where teams battle it out for the Online Battle Points as a whole- all the team member's OBPs are put together to match up against the other team's OBP during heated team online battles- each team member are rewarded according to the default OBP rule depending of the team's success rate on a race - ofcourse this will open up a new ranking category- World Team Ranking!
* International Team Events- like the Team battle- this category is different in one area only- you are racing for your country for the trophy - probably this option should be a sub-option for the Team Player mode.
* Hidden Racing Courses- having real-state racing tracks that can be bought by a team or a single player but I think the price is so high that it would take an entire team to buy a particular track using RR credits- the track can be customized by putting the team's logo on bilboards on the tracks- customizable video uploadedable content on those huge TV displays ( like the one at Old Central building and the one Downtown Rave City at the beggining of the racing track ) - hmm? maybe adjustable weather conditions- raining? sunny or nightime which greatly effects racing conditions. These additional tracks are hidden aside from the already available ones and will be unlocked depending of the player's progress into the game.
* Player Ultimate Content option- this will allow players to create or modify engine parts, car designs, design new tracks, plug-ins or organize racing track rules- or organize racing challenges and events- just like the downloadable UFRA challenges. All content can be downloaded or purchased or traded which are made available to all Ridge Racer players- perhaps players can start their own manufacturer name - or start a new car company that rivals the great names like Soldat- Assoluto and among the other greats - or become a great Ridge Racer Mechanic/Racer- this option is probably best if it was unlocked according to the player's progress on his/her skill or ranking. This option will also give birth to new Manufacturer events just like in Ridge Racer 7 but the manufacturers are all player created content- which gives players a chance to race for their favorite Player created Manufacturer. ( some of the ideas here are already have been suggested on the Sony RR7 Forum )
* Virtual Forum ( 3D )- like playstation's HOME but this area is specifically designed for Ridge Racer players- ( probably integrated to Sony's Home ) This is an area where players can walk around and see other players -for a meeting, or for trading cars- perhaps catch the newest premiere new car manufacturer concepts that are being displayed on a virtual building ( Soldat- Old Age- Assoluto or Player Designers ) - this is also an area for all the legends of ridge racer are shown- trophies can be displayed -selected top racing videos will be shown created by racers perhaps videos promoting their team or daily top racing videos of that day - or post upcomming Racing Events players made or Namco's events and ofcourse this virtual area is also a track - where people can walk around and spectate real time races.
* UFRA team events- this is a small thing- but I think it would be great if a bunch of your friends or teamates get together to battle it out on bunch of A.I. cars - or download an apposing Team Time Attack Ghost Datas and the objective is beat the A.I.s as a team! you can also access the UFRA event through OBP rooms also- guessing a " UFRA event only? Smily face " statement is in order.
* Annual Ranking Competetion- players can enter racing events that are designed according on Rankings only- 4 stars racer events- 5 star racing event - 6 star racing event - that leads to challenging the current highest rank holder- the R rank! ( this idea is very close to Number1king's idea )
* Hidden Super Cars, Hidden Super Tracks, Hidden Super Plug-ins, Hidden ****** - items that are trully hidden in the world of Ridge Racer which are prize as high as the R title or probably surpass it's value. Item's that are so rare they are deemed priceless- meaning that it can't be bought or sold - and given the degree of these items- they can only be acquired thru special conditions- godly skill- faith or just simple as luck or ?????? - given that these items are next to almost impossible to attain - some these super items would probably appear on a certain time or accurances. These items which will diffinitely earn you a special place in the Ridge Racer world. Like all special items - they are all balanced in to the game according to the certain extreme conditions - so this would not give a certain player or a team an unfair advantage- these items will only force players to elevate themselves to a even higher undiscovered level- a level that will give the true meaning to a word Extremely Difficult- which makes you trully the real Ridge Racer! and these super times are not going to be mentioned to any strategy book or guide they are all left in there for players to discovered and to be solved - ofcourse these super items are just an option the choice is yours!